Frizzy hair can be quite unmanageable, it is not easy to comb or style. It is not only about how unappealing it looks, frizzy hair is also weak, rough, and results in split ends. With the right care and home remedies, it is possible to get frizz free hair.
Causes of Frizzy Hair
Frizziness results from a variety of causes. Some of them are as follows:
- Lack of moisture
- Unwashed hair
- Overwashing of hair with harsh shampoos
- Too much blow drying
- Environmental factors like humidity
- Hormonal imbalance
- Using hair color too often
Signs of Frizzy Hair
If you are experiencing these signs, it indicates that you have frizzy hair:
- Difficulty brushing hair
- Rough hair
- Dull hair
- Split ends
- Tangled hair
- Less hair on the scalp
Natural Hair Treatment for Frizzy Hair
It is important to choose the right products for frizzy hair treatment. There are many hair masks, hair serums, and leave-in conditioners available in the market but if you want to stick to natural home remedies for frizzy hair, here are some options for you:
1. Coconut Oil: This miracle oil must be mentioned every time we are talking about solutions for hair problems. It is high in lauric acid, gets easily absorbed, and adds moisture to the hair. You must apply a small amount of coconut oil on your scalp, massage well, leave it on for 15 minutes, and then wash your hair with shampoo. Hot oil treatments are also excellent frizzy hair solutions. You may warm the oil a little before using it, wrap your hair in a thick towel and wash your hair.
2. Eggs: We are all aware of the benefit of eggs for our health but they are equally good home remedies for frizzy hair. Eggs are high in saturated fats, biotin, and vitamins and an egg hair mask can make your hair healthier and softer. To make an egg mask, whip up two egg whites and apply the mix to your hair and scalp, cover your hair with a plastic cap, leave it on for 15 minutes, and then shampoo thoroughly. Avoid using this hair mask if you are allergic to eggs.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar: This can be applied topically for taming frizzy hair. It is an easily available product and has antibacterial and antifungal properties. It may help reduce dandruff and can make hair appear shinier. Mix 1/3 cup of organic apple cider vinegar with 1 quarter of warm water and apply it on your hair length. Leave the mixture on your hair for 1 to 3 minutes and rinse with cool water. Using this once or twice weekly will show good results.
4. Honey and Yogurt: Yogurt provides deep conditioning and honey will help restore moisture. Make a mix by adding 2-3 tablespoons yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey, and apply the mixture on your scalp and hair. Leave it on for 30 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
There are many home remedies for frizzy hair but you must seek medical help if you notice no improvement in your hair condition and if there are any other symptoms. There may be a variety of causes for frizzy hair but it is possible to treat the condition with effective at-home treatments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Does hard water cause frizzy hair?
Ans. Yes, hard water has high mineral content and can cause frizzy hair. You must use water filters and avoid washing hair with hard water.
Q2. Can frizzy hair happen to all hair types?
Ans. Yes, frizzy hair can happen to straight hair, curly hair, or any hair type.
Q3. Which are the best hair oils for frizzy hair?
Ans. Some of the best hair oils for frizzy hair are coconut oil, almond oil, avocado oil and olive oil.