Did you know that a simple fruit like an apple can work wonders for your hair? While we know apples can keep the doctor away, it turns out that apple benefits can also keep hair problems at bay.
Full of essential vitamins and nutrients that promote hair health, there are numerous advantages of apple for hair. This includes boosting keratin production for better hair health. Read on to learn more.
What Are The Benefits of Eating Apples for Hair
Here are some of the top apple benefits for hair:
1. Rich in Vitamins
Apples are a rich source of vitamin C, needed for collagen production. Collagen provides amino acids needed for keratin production. It also strengthens hair follicles and prevents hair loss.
2. Antioxidant Power
Apples contain the antioxidant, quercetin. It protects your hair and scalp from free radical damage. Free radicals can weaken hair strands and lead to dullness and premature aging. Including apples in your diet can help combat this.
3. Natural Detoxifier
Apples are natural detoxifiers that remove impurities and toxins from your scalp. Detoxification helps to improve blood circulation to the hair follicles. This promotes hair growth.
4. Hydration Boost
Proper hydration is crucial in preventing dry and brittle hair. Apple benefits include high water content. Drinking apple juice or eating fresh apples can contribute to overall hair health.
5. Strengthens Hair
Apples are rich in vitamin B2 and have some biotin. These nutrients promote hair strength and thickness. Including apples in your diet can provide a natural nutrient essential to support healthy hair.
How Apple Polyphenols Boost Keratin Production in Hair Follicles
One of the key advantages of apple is that it improves keratin production in hair follicles through apple polyphenols. Keratin acts as a protective shield for hair, preventing damage and retaining hair strength.
- Apple polyphenols help reduce oxidative stress on hair cells. This creates a healthy environment for keratin synthesis.
- Polyphenols can promote better blood circulation to the hair follicles. This improves oxygen and nutrient flow to the follicles, stimulating keratin production.
- Apple polyphenols aid in the production of collagen. This in turn boosts keratin production.
DIY Apple Hair Treatments
Here are some great DIY hair treatments to incorporate apple benefits into your hair care regime:
Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- Make a rinse with ACV and water in a container.
- After you shampoo your hair, pour the mixture over your hair and scalp.
- Gently massage and leave it on for a few minutes.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly with cold water.
- This apple cider vinegar rinse helps balance the pH of your scalp
- It removes product buildup and adds a natural shine to your hair.
- It can also help with dandruff.
Apple and Honey Hair Mask
- 1 ripe apple
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Peel, core, chop and blend the apples into a smooth puree.
- Add honey and olive oil to the puree and blend again.
- Apply this mixture to your damp hair, from the roots to the tips.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap or plastic wrap.
- Leave the mask on for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly with lukewarm water and shampoo as usual.
- Apples provide vitamins and antioxidants
- Honey helps retain moisture
- Olive oil adds shine and hydration.
- Regular use of this mask helps enhance the texture of your hair.
One must incorporate apples and other polyphenol-rich foods into their diet. These along with a good hair care routine, can help you achieve healthier hair naturally. So, the next time you reach for that crisp, juicy fruit, remember the many apple benefits for hair. With every bite, you will not only be satisfying your taste buds but will also give your hair a dose of the essential protein it needs to thrive.