Hair fall is quite a common problem today because of factors like stress, unhealthy diet, and pollution. An important hormone with relation to hair growth, DHT or dihydrotestosterone, is a hormone that is similar to testosterone. When DHT attaches itself to hair follicles for long periods, it shrinks or blocks the follicles, causing hair fall.
DHT blockers work by reducing the levels or effects of DHT in the body. The body uses an enzyme called 5-alpha reductase to convert about 5% of the body’s testosterone to DHT.
Using DHT blocker supplements can effectively reduce the production and conversion of DHT, thus resulting in a significant reduction in hair loss. Let us explore some natural DHT blockers and how they help prevent hair loss.
Best Natural DHT Blockers
Some of the best DHT blockers are natural and are easily available:
- Berries: Berries are rich in Vitamin C and flavonoids, both of which are essential for circulation of blood and nutrients in the scalp. This increased supply of blood and nutrients stimulates hair growth, thereby reducing the effects of DHT.
- Avocados: One of the most popular natural DHT blockers, avocados are rich in protein, amino acids, copper, iron, and folic acid. Additionally, avocados also contain oil that seeps into the cuticles, moisturizing the hair. Avocados are also rich in antioxidants that play a key role in stimulating hair growth and unclogging the blocked pores.
- Almonds: Packed with protein and an excellent DHT blocker with biotin, almonds are also called ‘hair vitamins.’ Due to excessive pollution and oil, hair follicles tend to become weak and dull. Almonds help in moisturizing and strengthening these hair follicles. Soak a handful of almonds every night and have them in the morning to get strong and healthy hair.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes have lycopene that inhibits the DHT by controlling the enzyme 5-alpha reductase. Tomatoes also have DHT blocking antioxidants and beta-carotene that provide nutrients to the scalp, stimulating hair growth. Being versatile, tomatoes can be easily consumed in salads, sauces, and vegetables.
- Eggs: Eggs are a potent DHT blocker with biotin. They contain cysteine, an important amino acid that is essential for healthy hair growth. Egg whites also have avidin, a protein that binds to biotin. Consuming boiled or cooked eggs is better for DHT blocking in comparison to raw ones.
- Mushrooms: White mushrooms are rich in zinc, pantothenic acid, and Vitamin D – popular natural DHT blockers. Mushrooms help stimulate hair growth, increase thickness and volume of hair.
- Green Tea: Green tea is one of the most effective DHT blockers, it consists of Vitamin B. Consume green tea daily for shiny and strong hair that has bounce and volume.
Essential Vitamins for DHT Blocking
Some of the essential vitamins that help in DHT blocker and are important for hair growth:
1. Vitamin B9: Also known as folic acid, Vitamin B9 is an essential nutrient for hair growth. Folic acid plays a role in building new cells, including cells found in the hair and nails.
2. Vitamin B7: Vitamin B7 also known as biotin is important in the production of keratin. Keratin not only improves the quality of hair but also makes the hair stronger. Biotin is often found as a DHT blocker supplements like gummies or pills. Some food items rich in biotin are beef, bananas, broccoli, and sweet potatoes.
3. Vitamin B3: Niacin or Vitamin B3 help promote blood circulation to the scalp which keeps the hair follicles healthy and blocks DHT.
4. Vitamin E: Naturally found in vegetable oils, nuts, seeds, and leafy greens, Vitamin E is rich in antioxidants that improve hair growth. This essential vitamin can also be taken in the form of a DHT blocker supplement.
DHT Blocker Supplements
Based on the severity of your hair loss problem, your doctor may suggest DHT blocker tablets. These tablets usually contain ingredients like soya protein and biotin which act as excellent DHT blockers and help reduce hairfall.
Take control of your hairfall with DHT Blockers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Does a DHT blocker cause any side effects?
Ans. DHT blockers are safe and effective for people, so there are no side effects that are usually caused. However, if you do experience any side effects, please get in touch with a healthcare provider.
Q2. When is a good time to consume DHT blockers?
Ans. A supplement to block DHT can be taken any time once a day, after a meal.
Q3. Are DHT blockers effective?
Ans. Yes, it is scientifically proven that DHT blockers are the best way to control hairfall. DHT blockers also help to stimulate hair growth.