Frizzy hair in men is one of the most common hair problems. Frizzy hair protrudes from your head or coils away from it and appears fuzzy or puffy. Men with dry hair frequently struggle with frizz, which will eventually affect their hair’s texture unless they maintain or cut it frequently.
Having said that, frizzy hair among men can be managed with a few tweaks to their hair care routine. So, let’s discuss some of the most common causes why people have frizzy hair and how to fix it at home.
Reasons Behind Frizzy Hair in Men
Frizzy hair in men is a prevalent problem and it can get worse if not managed properly. But before doing that, you need to know the reasons behind it and here are some of the major ones:
- Humid weather
- Exposure to the sun
- Overuse of shampoo
- Chlorinated water
- Straightening or blow-drying hair
- Wearing tight caps
- Vigorous towel drying
Managing Frizzy Hair in Men
Now that you know what causes dry frizzy hair men, you might be able to manage your hair better at home by:
1. Choosing a Suitable Shampoo and Conditioner: Look for shampoo or conditioner that is described as ‘moisturizing’ or that contains oils like Argan or Coconut oil while choosing hair products.
2. Hair Serums: Serums are silicone-based products that cover your hair and shield it from getting harmed. By reducing swelling and assisting with moisture retention, serums may aid in the fight against frizz.
3. Avoid Using Shampoo Excessively: Even moisturizing shampoos can rob your hair of its natural oils when used excessively. Only using shampoo every third day or less frequently may be necessary if your hair tends to be dry.
4. Hair Oils: Hair oils keep your hair moisturized, which controls frizz. You may decrease frizz using a variety of oils. Here are some of the most popular oils that act as a great remedy for frizzy hair in men:
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Avocado oil
- Almond oil
- Argan oil
- Castor oil
- Jojoba oil
5. Leave-in Conditioner: The purpose of a leave-in conditioner is to prevent your hair from being dried out. As leave-in conditioners are left in your hair for a longer period of time than standard conditioners, they are usually more moisturizing.
6. Hair Masks: Hair masks give your hair nutrients and moisturizers to maintain it in a healthy way. You can purchase hair masks or go for DIY masks.
Preventing Frizzy Hair in Men
Dry and frizzy hair men can be managed using the right prevention techniques and here are some suggestions for you:
- Do not wash your hair with shampoo every day, instead try only shampooing when your hair feels greasy or too oily.
- Rather than using hot water for washing your hair, try using lukewarm or cool water.
- Make it a point to prevent your hair from coming in contact with chlorine by wearing a swim cap in the pool.
Condition your hair to keep your hair moisturized.
- Avoid any product containing alcohol.
- A balanced diet consisting of biotin and protein can help you prevent nutrient deficits that could harm your hair.
Even if you are prone to having frizzy hair, you can reduce it by changing your hair care regimen. Having said that, excessive washing cannot help reduce frizzy hair in men. So, look for more natural and long-lasting solutions that will solve this problem for good.
Frequently Asked Questions
My hair seems to be getting dry from the shampoo I use; what to do?
If you are facing any such issue, choose a gentle shampoo that is free of parabens and sulfates. Shampoos without sulfate effectively and gently cleanse your hair without stripping it of moisture.
How do I stop my hair from falling out so much?
Avoid rubbing your towel against your hair harshly after getting out of the shower. Do not use a blow dryer on your hair; instead, let it air dry to preserve the health of your hair.
How should I comb my hair properly?
Avoid combing whenever your hair is wet. Once it has dried, begin by slowly combing your hair from the scalp towards the tips or ends.