Curd has been a staple in the diets of many cultures for centuries. But besides its culinary uses, curd also boasts a number of skin benefits, making it a favorite choice in numerous home remedies and cosmetic products. Easily available in the kitchen, hassle-free usage, and quick in showing results, are just some of the factors that should convince you to grab that cup of curd and allow it to do its magic. Read on to know how to use curd for face and the benefits of curd for face.
Why is Curd Good for Face?
Topical use of fermented dairy products proves to be beneficial for the skin. The high lactic acid content of curd makes it an ideal skincare ingredient. Here’s why curd is good for the face!
- The lactic acid belongs to alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) which is present in curd aid in clearing out dead skin cells and rejuvenating the skin.
- Containing a high amount of Vitamin D, proteins, and probiotics, curd helps provide the skin with all essential nutrients required to keep it in healthy form and glowing in appearance.
- It regulates excess oil production that tends to block the pores giving rise to skin issues like acne, breakouts, and blemishes.
- The calcium content present in curd ensures that the skin remains hydrated and takes away dullness from the skin.
- Zinc contained in curd speeds up the rate of cell growth making it appear fresh and thus adds glow and suppleness to the skin.
Top 10 Benefits of Curd for Face
Be it exfoliation, hydration, or moisturization, the benefits of curd for face are remarkable. Let’s take a look at the top 10 benefits of curd for face!
- It works as a natural exfoliator.
- It provides hydration and nourishment.
- It tightens the pores.
- It lightens dark circles.
- It acts as a natural moisturizer.
- It maintains and enhances skin elasticity.
- It evens out the skin tone and gives a radiant complexion.
- It fights the signs of aging, making the skin look young and fresh.
- It tackles skin dullness and eliminates the problem of pigmentation.
- It soothes sunburns and envelopes the skin from the harmful effects of the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
How to Use Curd for Face?
Mixing curd with other natural ingredients offers healing and restorative benefits. Let’s take a look at the other ingredients that curd can be mixed with to make a face pack, how often it should be used, and the skin type they will be ideal for.
Face Pack Ingredients
Suitable for Skin Type
|Curd and cucumber||Weekly||All|
|Curd and tomato||Weekly||All|
|Curd and turmeric||Weekly||All|
|Curd and potato||Twice a week||All|
|Curd and honey||Weekly||Normal, dry|
|Curd and gram flour||Weekly||Normal, oily|
|Curd and lemon||Weekly||Normal, oily|
|Curd and oats||Weekly||Normal, oily|
|Curd and orange peel||Twice a week||Normal, oily|
Spending big bucks on expensive skincare products may not always be a smart move to make. A lot of kitchen ingredients offer greater beauty benefits and are often more effective in comparison to readymade beauty products you pick up on a whim. Curd is one such kitchen ingredient that is magical for sure!