While it is normal to lose 50 to 100 hairs per day, but if you are losing more than this, it could eventually cause evident hair thinning. The good part is – there are plenty of ways to go from thin hair to thick hair naturally, if you want to avoid baldness. Let’s start by first identifying the causes and find the appropriate remedy.
What are the Causes of Thinning Hair?
Here are some of the ways that play a role in hair thinning:
- Hair color treatments can be a cause behind hair damage.
- When you are pulling your hair tightly in a ponytail, it breaks your hair follicles which leads to thin spots over time.
- If you are experiencing stress for a longer time, cortisol, the stress hormone, triggers a condition like telogen effluvium in which hair falls out and hair follicles do not help in growing new hair.
- Vitamin D deficiency can also lead to thin hair.
- Thin hair can be experienced by women in their post-pregnancy period also.
How to Get Back Your Voluminous Hair, Naturally?
The best 5 ways to get thick hair naturally are mentioned below:
1. Maintaining a Healthy Diet: Your healthy diet plan can help you avoid baldness. The diet plan has an impact on your lifestyle, appearance, as well as your brain. A healthy eating plan includes dietary fibre, potassium, magnesium, multivitamins, and fatty acids. Fatty acids help in hair growth as they reduce hair loss or scalp inflammation and encourage hair regrowth.
2. Use Sulfate-Free Shampoo: The shampoo contains sulfate, which is used to remove dirt from your hair and scalp. By doing so, it removes essential oils from your scalp too. This causes scalp inflammation, which leads to hair loss. Instead, try to use a mild, sulfate-free shampoo to clean your hair and maintain thick hair.
3. Make Hair Massaging a Habit: Among many methods, the most trusted and proven method is to pamper your hair with a hot oil massage once a week. You can use natural hair oils which provide nourishment to your scalp and reduce dryness that might be the cause of hair fall. Massaging the scalp can boost blood circulation and stimulate hair follicles to enhance hair thickness.
4. Try Asanas for Thicker Hair: To go from thin hair to thick hair, yoga asana can help you. You can try headstands, where you need to stand upside down on your head and exhale and inhale. This brings blood to your head, where it regenerates cells and strengthens hair follicles.
Another asana you can practice is bending camels, where you have to bend forward by keeping your palms on the sides of your feet. This enhances the volume of your hair by increasing the blood flow to the scalp.
5. Hair Mask with Natural Ingredients: You must believe in the age-old home remedies to go from thin hair to thick hair. Interestingly, natural kitchen ingredients improve the texture of your hair and give it volume. Castor oil, aloe-vera gel, and coconut oil are high in essential vitamins and minerals and are thus thought to be miracle ingredients for thickening thin hair. Try to treat yourself with these hair mask ingredients.
There are a variety of options for getting thicker hair. Understanding the causes of hairfall helps us take action and transform hair growth. If you notice uncontrollable symptoms of hair loss, do consult your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get thick hair?
Taking hair care supplements and home remedies can help you get thick hair.
Which foods are good for thin or thick hair?
Foods rich in fiber, multivitamins, omega-3 fatty acids, and proteins are essential for hair growth.
Can stress cause thinning thick hair?
Severe stress can cause thinning of the thick hair as the stress hormone cortisol triggers the breaking down of follicles.
Can shaving hair be a treatment for thicker hair?
No, shaving cannot be a treatment for your baldness.
Which vitamins are best to have thin to thick hair naturally?
Vitamin B2, biotin, folate, and vitamin B12 deficiency can cause baldness so it is best to have them through diet or supplements.