Biotin, commonly known as vitamin B7 is a hair-essential nutrient that helps in producing keratin, a protein that forms the structure of your hair strands. It helps in hair growth and enhances hair quality by adding shine. Besides, the vitamin not only improves scalp health but also takes part in reducing hair loss. Try biotin to unlock the secret of stronger hair. Read on to know about the biotin benefits for hair.
Biotin Benefits for Hair
Consuming adequate amounts of biotin everyday, can visibly improve your hair health. Here are the highlighting benefits of biotin for hair:
- Biotin nourishes and strengthens hair follicles. It has a positive impact on hair quality as it contributes to hair thickness.
- It protects your hair from breakage and improves its length. Researchers suggest biotin intake can enhance overall hair quality, including shine.
- Biotin helps produce keratin, the primary protein that makes up hair, skin, and nails. It improves hair health and adds volume.
- It can be used to prevent hair loss as it can fight inflammation which is a leading cause for the same.
How to Use Biotin for Hair?
There are different ways of biotin use for hair – as a shampoo or as supplements. Since getting the required amount of biotin solely from your diet can be challenging, including supplements in your diet is a great choice. Though biotin supplements do not have any side effects, you should consult your doctor before taking them.
- Egg Yolks: Egg yolks are a rich source of biotin. Consuming cooked eggs can provide a significant amount of biotin.
- Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, walnuts, peanuts, and sunflower seeds contain biotin. Snacking on these or adding them to your meals can boost your biotin intake.
- Salmon and Other Fatty Fish: Salmon, trout, and sardines are not only a great source of omega-3 fatty acids but also provide biotin.
- Avocados: Avocados are not only a nutritious fruit but also contain biotin. Enjoy them in salads, sandwiches, or as a guacamole dip.
- Sweet Potatoes: These delicious root vegetables are packed with biotin and provide additional benefits such as dietary fiber and vitamins.
- Mushrooms: Various types of mushrooms, such as shiitake and portobello, contain biotin.
- Spinach: This leafy green vegetable is not only rich in iron but also a good source of biotin.
- Whole Grains: Whole grains like oats, barley, and wheat germ contain biotin. Opt for whole grain bread, cereals, and pasta to increase your intake.
Biotin benefits for hair are plenty. The vitamin not only helps in strengthening hair but also promotes its growth when used properly. So, with an optimal approach, you can achieve the healthier and lustrous hair that you have desired for. Having said that, it is important to consult a medical expert and then go ahead with the biotin dosage to avoid any severe symptoms.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What are the benefits of biotin for hair growth?
Ans: The benefit of using biotin for hair growth includes strengthening hair follicles by keeping the scalp hydrated.
Q2. Is biotin good for hair?
Ans: Yes, biotin is good for hair health. The benefits of this vitamin are not only limited to improving the shine of hair but also preserving its length.
Q3. Is it best to use biotin for hair growth?
Biotin positively affects hair health by making strands stronger and thicker.
Q4. Do biotin supplements work for hair growth?
Ans: There is no clinical evidence to support that biotin supplements work for hair growth. Since a biotin deficiency has an adverse effect on your hair health, once you improve that, it positively affects your hair growth.