One of the most important things to do for expecting moms is to get the right kind of nutrition on a daily basis. Even if they are supplementing with products like prenatal multivitamins, it is essential that they get a healthy share of omega-3 fatty acids, namely Docosahexaenoic acid.
Omega-3 fatty acids or Omega-3 Capsules and Supplements are a group of essential polyunsaturated fatty acids required for the proper functioning of the body. They form the essential building blocks of the body which play a huge role in growth and development. Not only are these essential for the baby, but they also have an impact on the health of the mother as well.
However, we cannot produce Omega 3 on our own and must rely upon external sources to meet our required daily intake. Omega 3 fatty acids are naturally found in algae — the food for fish and other sea creatures.
Let us understand how the supplementation of Omega 3 capsules like HK Vitals Omega-3 can be beneficial for women during the time of pregnancy.
HK Vitals Omega-3 By Healthkart
One of the best omega 3 capsules to consume during pregnancy is HK Vitals Omega-3. A single capsule of this supplement can get you up to 180 mg of eicosapentaenoic acid and about 120 mg of docosahexaenoic acid. Consuming just one capsule a day can help meet the recommended daily allowance of omega 3 fatty acids.
How Much Omega 3 Capsules Should I Consume
The Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) advises that not more than 3 grams of fish oil per day (3000 mg) of EPA and DHA combined, including 2 grams (2000mg) per day from dietary supplements. A higher dosage is used to lower triglycerides in the body and should only be taken under a healthcare professional’s guidance.
You can consume up to 3 omega 3 capsules a day depending on the concentration of omega 3 fatty acids, body composition, health status etc. Make sure you follow the instructions on the back of your supplement to avoid any complications.
|Birth to 6 months||0.5 g||0.5 g|
|7–12 months||0.5 g||0.5 g|
|1–3 years||0.7 g||0.7 g|
|4–8 years||0.9 g||0.9 g|
|9–13 years||1.2 g||1.0 g|
|14–18 years||1.6 g||1.1 g||1.4 g||1.3 g|
|19-50 years||1.6 g||1.1 g||1.4 g||1.3 g|
|51+ years||1.6 g||1.1 g|
Health Benefits Of HK Vitals Omega 3 Capsules
Given below are some of the health benefits of supplementing with omega 3 capsules during pregnancy:
- Reduces The Risk Of Preterm Birth: Women need adequate amounts of DHA during pregnancy to support the proper development of the brain, skin, and eyes of the foetus. This is helpful in ensuring that the baby is healthy and there is no chance of preterm birth. Supplementation of Omega 3 postpartum is also useful in ensuring the development of the foetus’ cognitive abilities.
- Ensures Well Being Of Mother: A lot of expecting mothers go through severe hormonal changes that can result in them being depressed. One of the easiest ways to fix this would be to supplement their diet with health supplements such as omega 3 capsules since they reduce the oxidative stress on the brain and regulate the secretion of feel good hormones.
- Helps in Menstrual Cramps: Menstrual Cramps are painful muscle cramps that women face during their periods. Typically, women experience menstruation right about eight weeks from birth. Omega 3 capsules, when taken alone or combined with supplements like HK VItals Vitamin E can help women in their period days.
- Improves Bone Health: The EPA and DHA aid present in Omega 3 capsules help in strengthening the joints and reduce stiffness. Increasing intake of Omega 3 also helps in improved bone mineral density and prevents cartilage destruction. Supplements such as fish oil contain anti-inflammatory properties that can help patients with rheumatoid arthritis that causes painful joints.
- May Contribute to Infant Health: Infants whose mothers take high doses of fish oil supplements are less likely to develop asthma than children of mothers who didn’t consume the same. This effect was all the more pronounced in cases of women who added HK Vitals Multivitamin with Probiotics to their diet.
- Prevents Childhood Obesity: Consuming omega 3 capsules during pregnancy has a huge role to play in the health of the child as they grow up. It was observed that women who supplemented their diet with at least 600mg of omega 3 supplements per day had children with lesser amounts off body mass by the age of five.
Sources Of Omega 3
Given below are some of the most common sources of omega 3 which you can incorporate into your daily diet:
- Cod Liver Oil: It is a supplement extracted from the liver of a codfish. Cod oil contains about 2.6 grams of Omega-3 fatty acids per teaspoon. It is also a rich source of Vitamin A and Vitamin D, which is beneficial for reducing inflammation, lowering the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, and improving bone health.
- Oyster: Oysters are a type of shellfish and are extremely nutritious. A single serving of oysters contains about 4 grams of Omega-3 fatty acids while fulfilling the recommended daily intake for nutrients like zinc, copper, and Vitamin B12. Consumption of oysters has been linked to improving cardiovascular health, regulating gut health, and strengthening bone density.
- Caviar: Caviar is a type of fish egg, often considered a luxurious food item. A tablespoon of caviar contains almost 2 grams of Omega-3 fatty acids. It is also a rich source of micronutrients like choline and selenium. Consumption of caviar has been linked to improved regulation of the nervous system and a reduced risk of developing depression.
- Health Products: Health Products are extremely beneficial to the body when consumed in combination with other nutritional foods as a part of a healthy and balanced diet. These sources help with the regulation of EPA and DHA levels while ensuring easy digestion by the body.
Consumption of omega 3 capsule supplements along with sources like HK Vitals Cranberry + D-Mannose has also been beneficial for regulating triglyceride Levels, improving the mobility of joints, and improving cognitive function.
It can be a difficult thing to choose the right kind of omega 3 capsules with so many other brands in the market. One of the main reasons why you should opt for HK Vitals By Healthkart products is because it produces supplements that are scientifically formulated and clinically tested.
HK Vitals Omega-3 has been enriched with EPA and DHA that supports the health of both the mother and the fetus. The brand is food grade safe, and all the supplements are FSSAI certified, making it the perfect choice for you.