Aloe vera is a medicinal plant that has antibacterial properties and is packed with antioxidants. Initially native to North Africa, Southern Europe, and the Canary Islands, the plant today is grown in tropical climates all over the world. Using aloe vera for hair will help provide you with the desired results.
Looking to learn more about aloe vera gel for hair and its uses? Read ahead.
Benefits of Using Aloe Vera
Some benefits of aloe vera on hair are:
1. Reduces Scalp Itchiness: Seborrheic dermatitis or dandruff is a condition that causes an itchy scalp and flaky skin. Aloe vera for dandruff is extremely effective, as it helps to reduce inflammation and itchiness in the scalp, thereby reducing dandruff. Aloe vera is rich in fatty acids that have soothing anti-inflammatory properties.
2. Cleanses Oily Hair: Another benefit of aloe vera on hair is that it deep cleans oily hair. The aloe vera gel cleans the hair shaft and removes excessive sebum or oil and any residue from shampoo or conditioner. It is gentle and makes the hair healthier, stronger, shinier, and softer.
3. Moisturizes Hair: Aloe vera gel has a high water content, which makes it excellent to moisturize the hair and the scalp. Aloe vera contains all the nutrients that the hair follicles need to grow.
4. Repairs the Hair: Using aloe vera gel for hair stimulates the growth of health cells, making the hair shiny. This is because aloe vera contains essential vitamins A, C, and E. Aloe vera also helps prevent hair loss as it contains folic acid, choline and vitamin B12 as well.
How to Apply Aloe Vera to the Hair?
1. Aloe vera for hair care can be applied in various ways:
One of the popular ways to do so is to use fresh aloe vera.
- Chop a leaf from the aloe vera plant.
- Collect the gel.
- You can also mix the gel with coconut or olive oil.
- Massage directly into the scalp and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Wash the hair and the scalp.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times a week to see maximum results.
2. Another popular way to use aloe vera gel for hair is to prepare a hair mask. Aloe vera is usually mixed with:
- Coconut oil
- Egg whites
- Jojoba oil
Once the mask is ready, massage it into the scalp and then rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
Safe to use on a regular basis, aloe vera gel for hair usually does not cause any side effects and is also effective in preventing hair loss. Either use aloe vera shampoo, take a supplement, or apply it raw and fresh, aloe vera is the secret to getting stronger and shinier hair.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can I apply aloe vera directly on the hair?
Ans. Yes, raw aloe vera can be applied on the hair directly. Massage it directly into the scalp and hair.
Q2. Can aloe vera be mixed with coconut oil?
Ans. Yes, you can mix aloe vera with coconut oil and create a simple homemade hair mask.
Q3. Are there any side effects of aloe vera on hair?
Ans. No, applying aloe vera to the hair usually does not cause any side effects.